Strawberry Oatmeal Breakfast Bars Recipe Disclaimer: This post was developed in sponsored partnership with California Strawberries During these unprecedented times, one of the things that make me happiest is when I’m in the kitchen. To me, the kitchen is a safe space where I am able to escape the news and just focus on myself
Disclaimer: This post was developed in sponsored partnership with California Strawberries
During these unprecedented times, one of the things that make me happiest is when I’m in the kitchen. To me, the kitchen is a safe space where I am able to escape the news and just focus on myself and love for food! In all seriousness, I’ve been cooking and baking so much that I am starting to think I’m the next at home ‘master chef’. Soon you will agree- just wait until you try my Strawberry Oatmeal Breakfast Bars made with California strawberries.
One of the things that I’ve been able to focus on a lot while at home is curating healthy recipes that my entire family enjoys! Whenever I am working on a recipe, it is always important for me that I am using nutritious ingredients. This is why I am very excited to highlight my newest recipe, Strawberry Oatmeal Breakfast Bars made with California strawberries.
My favourite meal of the day has always been breakfast and now after making (and eating the full batch) of my Strawberry Oatmeal Breakfast Bars, I have been able to start my day on a healthy, delicious and positive note! One of the main reasons why I love starting my day with California strawberries is because strawberries are an excellent source of Vitamin C and a source of fibre. Fun fact, strawberries have the same amount of Vitamin C as oranges do. Who knew?! Growing up, strawberries were always a staple food item in my household. Not only because they were great to bake and cook with, but also because they made a tasty snack! Actually, snacking on 8 California strawberries a day is equivalent to one serving and is 50 calories.
Want my new go-to breakfast recipe? Keep reading below for my Strawberry Oatmeal Breakfast Bars Recipe made with California strawberries. Also, in case you’re looking for a strawberry dessert recipe for later, make sure to check out California Strawberries’ Raw Strawberry Beet Cups recipe here. Thank you for taking the time to continue to make my recipes- I truly hope that you and your families continue to find positivity, health and safety during this uncertain time.
1. Preheat the oven to 350F Degrees. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper. Make sure to spray the parchment paper with cooking spray.
2. In a medium size bowl, mix together oats, flour, cinnamon and brown sugar. Pour in the melted butter (I microwaved the butter for 30 seconds to melt it). Stir the mixture together until it forms clumps. Set aside 1/2 cup of the crust mixture.
3. Press the mixture evenly onto the bottom of the prepared pan. (I use the back of a measuring cup to press down the mixture to make sure it is spread out evenly).
4. Place half of the diced California strawberries on top of the crust; evenly spread them so they cover the crust. Sprinkle the cornstarch on top of the strawberries. Add the other half of the California strawberries on top and make sure to fill in any empty spots. Add 1 tbsp. of brown sugar on top of the strawberries.
5. Add the 1/2 cup of the reserved crust (step 2) on top of the strawberries and add the chocolate chips on top.
6. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the bars look golden. Once baked, let them cool for 15-20 minutes before serving.
7. Serve and enjoy!