Butternut Squash and Roasted Garlic Pasta Topped with Crispy Mushrooms
If you’re looking for a vegetarian pasta dish – you’re in the right place! This butternut squash and roasted garlic pasta topped with crispy mushrooms is one of my most popular recipes. Find the recipe below, and enjoy xx!
Butternut Squash and Roasted Garlic Pasta topped with Crispy Mushrooms Recipe
- 1 box pasta of choice
- 3 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 2 garlic bulbs
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil 1/4 cup rosemary 1 white onion, halved
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup cream
- 1 cup pasta water
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. 2. Slice the tops off of the garlic bulbs and add to tin foil. Drizzle 1 tbsp olive oil over & salt. Wrap in tin foil and place on a baking sheet with butternut squash, mushrooms and fresh rosemary. Top veggies with olive oil, salt & pepper. Add to oven for 35-40 minutes. At the 25-minute mark, check on veggies and if the mushrooms are cooked. Remove and set aside in a bowl with rosemary.
- Cook pasta according to box instructions and reserve 1 cup of pasta water. Set it aside in a bowl.
- After veggies are roasted, add butternut squash, garlic, onion and rosemary to a blender with 1/2 (mushrooms do NOT go into the blender) of the reserved pasta water and cream and salt & pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Strain pasta and leave in pot. Add sauce over the pasta and mix together with pasta water and Parmesan cheese. Plate pasta once evenly coated and divide mushrooms up accordingly per plate. Top with black pepper and Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately and enjoy!