Roasted Butternut Squash & Sage Risotto
I am definitely craving my roasted butternut squash and sage risotto right now because it’s *chefs kiss* you’ll definitely want to make this dish! find the recipe below, and enjoy xx
Roasted Butternut Squash & Sage Risotto Recipe
• 1 cup Arborio rice
• 1 butternut squash, cut into cubes
• 2 tbsp butter
• 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
• 1 cup white wine
• 5-6 sage leaves
• 1/2 tsp nutmeg
• 1 cup Parmesan, divided
• 7 cups chicken stock
• 1 white onion, diced
• salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Peel the butternut squash, remove the seeds and cut it into cubes. Add to a lined baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss in olive oil, salt & pepper. Add sage leaves to a baking sheet and bake for 35-40 minutes until soft & roasted.
2. When the butternut squash has been cooking for 20 minutes – start the risotto. In a small pot, add chicken stock to a pot and bring to a boil.
3. Add olive oil to a med-high temp Dutch oven or pot & add in the onion. Add in rice and stir together. Deglaze the pan with white wine and make sure to constantly stir. Continuously stir in 2 ladles of chicken stock at a time. Make sure to constantly stir until all the liquid is absorbed. If the risotto is looking dry, add 1 ladle at a time and mix together. Add in butter and mix together until combined. Make sure to season with salt & pepper.
4. Once the risotto is cooked, remove from heat and remove butternut squash & sage from the oven. Add in only butternut squash and stir into the risotto until all rice is evenly coated. Grate in nutmeg and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Season with salt & pepper as needed.
5. Plate risotto and top with black pepper, and Parmesan cheese and finish with olive oil. Garnish with chopped fresh sage and enjoy!