Easy + Healthy Shakshuka Recipe
If you’re looking for an easy, healthy and delicious meal to make during these difficult times- try my Shakshuka! It’s easy to make and can be made under 30 minutes! Recipe below:
Serves 2 people
- 1-2 tbsp of EVOO
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 large eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 small bunch of cilantro
- 2 tbsp of green onion, finely chopped
- 1 + 1/2 cups of canned tomatoes (I used Raos tomato sauce)
- Optional toppings:
- 1-2 tbsp of crumbled feta cheese
- Red chili flakes
- 1 tbsp of tahini, drizzled
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
Recipe is gluten free and can be made dairy free if you opt out of using the feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees
- Heat olive oil in a medium sauté pan on medium heat. Add garlic, peppers, and onions to cook for five minutes.
- Pour in the canned tomatoes (or tomato sauce) into the pan. If needed, break down the tomatoes using a large spoon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Use your spoon to make 4 small indentations in the sauce mixture for the egg. Crack one egg at a time. Make sure to not break the yolk!
- Cook for 1-2 minutes on stove top or until the eggs are set. Carefully move the pan into the oven for 5-7 minutes or until the eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Remove from oven. Garnish with crumbled feta, red chili flakes, avocado, green onions and cilantro.
- Enjoy! Xx