Kitchen Sink Salad Recipe
After what feels like a month away from home, it’s so nice to be back in my own kitchen making my own food! 😊 Lately, I find that my schedule has been super hectic, so getting back into the kitchen today made me feel super happy and at ease! Sometimes I like to think cooking is like free therapy- you get to listen to your favorite playlist (check out my Spotify playlist on my Instagram highlights) and be with your own thoughts.
Today, I made my “kitchen sink” salad – basically whatever is in my fridge + leftovers and throw it into a big bowl with some lettuce. In the salad I have my BBQ lemon garlic shrimp, fresh tomatoes + cilantro, roasted cauliflower with beet tahini, homemade guacamole and roasted sweet potatoes! Topped with a tiny bit of EVOO and freshly squeezed lemon. Recipe for all of the salad elements below! Don’t forget to save + share the recipe! 😘 xx
Kitchen Sink Salad
- 1 tsp of EVOO
- 1 cup of spring mix salad
- 1 tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp of tahini
- 1 tsp of finely cut green onion for garnish
BBQ Lemon Garlic Shrimp Recipe
- 1 lb. of shrimp uncooked
- 2 tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp of parsley
- 1/4 cup of EVOO
- 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes
- If the shrimp is shelled, peel and rinse under cold water until shrimp is soft. Pat dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, combined the marinade ingredients and add the shrimp to the bowl.
- Place marinade and shrimp into a ziploc bag and leave for 20-30 minutes.
- I used a bbq, but you can also use a pan. Heat bbq to high (make sure to spray so it doesn’t stick) and place shrimp on the grill for 3 minutes per side.
- After shrimp is cooked, place on a plate and let cool. Garnish with some extra lemon juice and parsley.
Roasted Cauliflower + Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 1 medium cauliflower head broken into pieces
- 1 medium sweet potato chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 3 tbsp of EVOO
- 2 tbsp of beet tahini (you can use regular store bought tahini as well)
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and set aside
- Add chopped cauliflower, sweet potato, garlic, salt and EVOO to a large bowl and stir
- Once all the vegetables are coated, place onto baking sheet
- Put tray into oven for 25 minutes
- Once vegetables are cooked and cool, drizzle (beet) tahini on top
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 ripe avocados
- 3 tbsp of fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp of garlic, minced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados with a fork to a consistency of your liking
- Mix in lime juice, cilantro, garlic, salt + pepper
- Add lettuce to a medium size bowl
- Combine shrimp, guacamole, chopped tomatoes, roasted cauliflower + sweet potato on top
- Garnish with lemon, cilantro, EVOO and green onion
- Enjoy! Xx