Healthy Eggplant Parmesan Recipe Looking to indulge tonight? My eggplant Parmesan recipe will do just the trick! Don’t forget to share and save the recipe! Have a great night xx Recipe on my Instagram: @Everything_Delish Healthy Eggplant Parmesan Recipe Ingredients 2 eggplants 2 eggs + 2 egg whites 2 cups of whole wheat bread
Looking to indulge tonight? My eggplant Parmesan recipe will do just the trick! Don’t forget to share and save the recipe! Have a great night xx
Recipe on my Instagram: @Everything_Delish
2 eggs + 2 egg whites
2 cups of whole wheat bread crumbs
3 cups of low fat shredded mozzarella cheese
3 tbsp of Parmesan
4 tbsp of Italian seasoning
3 tbsp of basil, chopped
3 cups of tomato sauce (I used raos)
Salt + Pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400F degrees. To remove some of the bitterness of the eggplant, place cut up eggplant onto a plate with paper towel and sprinkle each piece with salt for 30 minutes. Rinse off with salt water.
2. Prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. In a small bowl whisk together bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, Parmesan cheese, salt + pepper. In a separate bowl mix together the eggs and whisk until smooth.
3. Dip an eggplant round on both sides in the whisked egg, then immediately dip in the breadcrumb mixture until the eggplant is completely coated. Once coated set on baking sheet and repeat until all the eggplant is used.
4. Bake coated eggplant for 10 minutes and flip. Then return eggplant to the oven for another 10 minutes. While eggplant is in the oven, coat an 11 x 8 baking dish with parchment paper and 1/2 cup of tomato sauce on the bottom of the dish. Set aside.
5. Remove eggplant from oven and let cool for 2-3 minutes. Transfer eggplant from baking sheet to the baking dish with a spatula. Continue until there is an even layer of eggplant along the bottom of the dish. Top eggplant with 1 cup of tomato sauce evenly and then 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Repeat with another layer of the remaining eggplant, tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes until the cheese is melted / cooked to your liking. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with basil.
7. Serve and enjoy! Xx