Caramel Rice Krispy French Toast Recipe
Recipe from Bite Me More
Looking to impress your friends and family for when they come over for brunch? Look no further, as I have the most amazing dish that will leave your guests wanting to come back for more! This perfect brunch dish took my Instagram by storm! Keep reading for the Bite Me More Recipe of their amazing Caramel French Toast topped with Candied Rice Krispies!
Recipe from Bite Me More
Candied Rice Krispies
1/2 cup sugar
2 tbsp water
4 cups Rice Krispies cereal
2 egg breads (challahs), crusts left on and cubed (approximately 14 cups)
1 (8oz/250g) package cream cheese, softened
6 large eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup half-and-half cream
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
3 tbsp corn syrup
1) For the candied Rice Krispies, in a large pot (that is both deep and has a wide bottom), bring the sugar and water to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 1 minute without stirring. Gently stir in Rice Krispies and continue to cook over medium heat, just until they are golden, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and immediately pour Rice Krispies onto a baking sheet to cool. Once cooled they can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
2) For the French toast, coat a 13×9-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Place cubed bread evenly throughout the dish.
3) Place the cream cheese in a large bowl. Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese at medium speed until smooth. Add one egg at a time, mixing well after each addition and making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula. Whisk in milk, half-and-half, maple syrup and vanilla until incorporated and smooth. Pour over bread cubes to moisten evenly, pressing lightly to submerge the bread. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours and up to 24 hours.
4) Once ready to bake, remove baking dish from refrigerator and preheat oven to 350°F.
5) For the caramel topping, in a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until well combined, about 2 minutes. Immediately pour over French toast and cover with candied Rice Krispies. Place baking dish on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until puffed and golden, about 40-45 minutes.
Check out my latest YouTube video to see how this dish turned out!
Still hungry? You can also check out the recipe for my Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies!