The Delish Diaries: Summer Grilled Shrimp Bowl
The Delish Diaries are back and dishin’ out healthy recipes that you can make all summer long! If you’ve been following along on my Instagram Stories on Everything Delish, you may have noticed over the last few weeks that I have been eating extremely healthy and working out lots- and I am feeling like a new person!
Since I am always on the go and have super busy work days, I find that meal prepping my oven roasted veggies (every Sunday) and throwing them into a salad has been extremely helpful for when making a quick and easy meal!
I decided to cook the Shrimp in an Indoor Grill Pan, but if you have extra time you can make them on the BBQ! Served warm, I topped off the Shrimp with Chilli Flakes and Trader Joe’s Everything But The Bagel Seasoning and lemon- talk about delish!
Keep reading for the recipe below!
- 8 oz. of large, peeled, and deveined shrimp
- Handful of Spinach
- 2-4 tbsp of EVOO or Avocado Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 2 Tbsp. of Gluten Free Tamari Sauce
- Juice from 1 Lemon
- 1 Zucchni
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Orange Pepper
- 1 Bundle of Asparagus
- 1/2 Eggplant
- Coconut Oil Spray
- Optional: Trader Joe’s Everything But The Bagel Seasoning / Chilli Flakes
Oven Roasted Vegetables
- Preheat oven to 450 F Degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper sprayed lightly with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 1 tbsp of Oil, juice from 1/2 lemon, salt and pepper. Add cut up zucchini, red + orange peppers, asparagus and eggplant and coat with the marinade.
- Spread vegetable mixture in a single layer on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 35 minutes. (If you want your vegetables to be roasted more, leave them in for 45 minutes).
- Garnish with Chilli Flakes & Trader Joe’s Everything But The Bagel Seasoning.
- Gently pat shrimp dry with a paper towel and place in a medium bowl. Add 1 Tbsp of Oil, Juice from 1/2 lemon, 2 Tbsp. of GF Tamari Sauce and toss to evenly coat.
- Heat up a Indoor Grill Pan with 1 Tbsp of Oil and add 1 tsp of chopped Garlic.
- Place the shrimp on the Grill Pan over medium-heat for 4 minutes (2 minutes for each side).
- Once shrimp is cooked to your liking, remove from pan and let cool.
- Garnish shrimp with Chilli Flakes & Trader Joe’s Everything But The Bagel Seasoning.
- Divide Shrimp & Oven Roasted Vegetables among 2 Bowls and serve!
*When combining Oven Roasted Vegetables and Grilled Shrimp, I typically use a handful of spinach as the base for the bowl*
If you’re looking for some extra flavor for the bowl, feel free to add more lemon juice or balsamic vinegar!