Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
How are you doing? I was reading an article today that was explaining that people are scared to ask others how they’re doing during this time. This really upsets me since I believe that checking in with your family, friends and loved ones during this time can really make an impact on someone’s day. Don’t be nervous to ask somehow how they’re doing and don’t be afraid to share your feelings. Starting a conversation can help.
Love you guys and as always I’m here for you and would love to chat with you! I’m excited to share my healthy oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe below. They are so gooey and delicious- you won’t believe it! Let me know what you think and don’t forget to save and share! Enjoy xx
Recipe also on my Instagram: @Everything_Delish
Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 + 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup of room temperature butter
3 cups rolled oats (I used quakers)
1 egg + 1/4 cup egg whites
1 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp of vanilla extract
1 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 tsp of salt
1 cup of chocolate chips (I used dark chocolate chips)
1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, cinnamon, oats, chocolate chips and baking soda.
3. In a electric mixer (or hand mixer) cream the room temperature butter and sugar on medium speed until smooth. Whisk together the egg + egg whites and add in the eggs and vanilla into the mixture and mix on high until smooth.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix on low until combined. Chill the rough for 45 minutes in the fridge.
5. Remove dough from the fridge and form cookies with about 1 tbsp of dough and place on the baking sheet.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until the cookies look soft. Remove cookies from the oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes.
7. Serve and enjoy! Xx