Breakfast Egg Sandwich Hack made with Stonemill’s Authentic Sourdough Rye Multigrain
*this post is developed in sponsorship partnership with Stonemill Bakehouse*
If there is one thing that I love about working from home, it’s enjoying a slow breakfast and not feeling rushed for a ‘quick meal’ in the mornings. Breakfast is one of my favourite meals of the day, and it is one that I enjoy making the most! My Breakfast Egg Sandwich Hack made with Stonemill Bakehouse Authentic Sourdough Rye Multigrain has become a staple in my kitchen, so I’m excited it to show you!
A recent Stonemill Bakehouse survey discovered that 58% of Canadians who are currently working from home are spending more time making their breakfast! This is something that I can most definitely relate to since I love my slow breakfasts. Stonemill’s flavourful bread is naturally fermented for up to 12 hours, which allows for the bread’s flavours to develop over time. Stonemill Bakehouse bread also contains no artificial preservatives, flavours, colours and is non-GMO! Hungry yet? Check out my breakfast sandwich hack recipe below! Enjoy xx
TikTok Recipe Video
Breakfast Egg Sandwich Hack
- 4 slices Stonemill Bakehouse Authentic Sourdough Rye Multigrain
- 4 slices cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 avocado, sliced
- salt & pepper
- Heat a large saucepan over med-high heat. Add 1 tsp butter and once it is melted cook bacon. Once bacon is cooked, set aside on a plate that is lined with paper towel.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 eggs and add salt & pepper. Set aside.
- Heat large saucepan over med-high heat and add 1 tsp butter. Add in eggs (as if you were going to make an omelette) and let sit for 2-3 minutes. Once eggs are partially cooked, add 2 slices of Stonemill Bakehouse Authentic Sourdough Rye Multigrain. Once eggs are cooked, carefully flip over the bread and eggs – making sure everything is intact.
- Add 2 slices of cheddar, ½ avocado, 3 slices of bacon in the centre of one slice of bread. Carefully fold over the other slice of bread to form a sandwich. Let sit for 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Once sandwich is cooked, transfer it to a cutting board and cut in half. Serve immediately and enjoy!