1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Add 2 tbsp olive oil to a large baking dish.
2. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil & chopped garlic in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Add in ground beef and tomato sauce. Add in sugar, salt & pepper, chopped basil and a splash of dry wine. Turn the heat to a low simmer and let simmer for 1 hour.
3. In a medium bowl, mix together ricotta, 1 beaten egg, 1/4 cup grated Parmesan, salt & pepper and parsley.
4. Cover the bottom of a large baking dish with a thin layer of the meat sauce. Cover with 3 noodles placed side-by-side. Top with 1/4 cup of the ricotta cheese mixture, and 1/2 cup of tomato sauce. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese, Parmesan & grana padano. Repeat to make 2 more layers. For the last layer, add parsley on top.
5. Bake covered for 35-40 minutes. For the last minutes uncover lasagna and bake. Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!