Walmart Cooking Challenge: Roasted Red Pepper + Artichoke Shakshuka
This post was developed in sponsored partnership with Walmart & World Food Championships
We’ve all been feeling like a master chef in our kitchen these days (myself included) and now you can win some money for creating your own dish! Do you have the culinary skills to whip up a delicious dish worthy of a $250 Walmart gift card? If so, keep reading!
I was challenged by Walmart to create my own recipe using pantry staples and of course I made one of my favorite dishes; Shakshuka! Think of Shakshuka as baked eggs in tomato sauce and it is very delicious, flavorful and super easy to make! What I love most about Shakshuka is that it is a very versatile dish, and you can add in whatever you have in your fridge or pantry. For my Shakshuka dish, I added canned artichokes and roasted red peppers and threw them in with tomato sauce and eggs! You can also top your Shakshuka with whatever you’re in the mood for, whether it is avocado, basil, cilantro or feta – anything pairs perfectly with this healthy dish!
Now it’s your turn to get creative in the kitchen and win some money! Join me in the #WalmartCookingChallenge– it’s super easy to enter, all you have to do is:
- Visit www.walmart.com/cookingchallenge and get inspired by #WalmartsChefs Interactive culinary videos
- Using ingredients found in your home, create your own fun and original dish
- Create a name for your original dish and recipe
- Share a photo of your dish on Instagram or comment it on the World Food Championships’ Facebook post (here) using hashtags and mentions: #WalmartCookingChallenge @Walmart @WorldFoodChampionships
Post your dish before July 31st at 11:59PM EST for a chance to be one of the 40 winners of the $250 gift card! Winners will be announced August 7th! Good Luck and keep reading for my Cooking Challenge Recipe below!
Roasted Red Pepper + Artichoke Shakshuka Recipe
Serves 4 people
- 4 eggs
- 1 + 1/2 cup of tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 can of artichokes
- 1/2 cup of roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1 tbsp of lite feta, crumbled
- 1 tbsp of cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp of green onions, chopped
- 1/4 avocado, sliced
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 1tsp of red chilli flakes
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Heat a medium sized saucepan over low-medium heat and add olive oil and garlic. Let garlic saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add roasted red peppers and artichokes and let saute for 5-6 minutes or until vegetables or cooked to your liking.
- Add in tomato sauce and make sure the sauce is covering the entire pan. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Using a spoon, make 4 indents into the sauce for the eggs. Break each egg into the divet and let sit for 2 minutes.
- Place the pan into the oven and bake for 6-7 minutes or until the yolks are cooked to your liking.
- Remove pan from the oven and garnish with feta, cilantro green onions and avocado. Add additional spices like salt + pepper and red chili flakes.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!