My Favorite Healthy and Delish Snacks!
How about those healthy and delish snacks eh…Let’s be honest, everything is delish (when it has tons of chocolate and sugar in it)! I love to eat healthy and workout, so I am going to be sharing with you my all time favorite healthy and delish snacks! Keep reading for more!
3 Ingredient Cookies (super easy, healthy, and delish!)
• 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
• 1 cup of uncooked quick oats*
• 1/4 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a non-stick cookie sheet with cooking spray or use a Silpat.
2. Combine the mashed bananas and oats in a bowl. Fold in the chocolate chips and place a tablespoon of each on the cookie sheet.
3. Bake for 15 minutes.
Kale Chips (Super Crunchy, Healthy, and Delish!)
per baking sheet:
- approx. 1/2 bunch kale leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 1.5 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt or pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
Preheat oven to 300F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Remove leaves from the stems of the kale and roughly tear it up into large pieces. Compost the stems (or freeze for smoothies). Wash and spin the leaves until thoroughly dry.
- Add kale leaves into a large bowl. Massage in the oil until all the nooks and crannies are coated in oil. Now sprinkle on the spices/seasonings and toss to combine.
- Spread out the kale onto the prepared baking sheet into a single layer, being sure not to overcrowd the kale.
- Bake for 10 minutes, rotate the pan, and bake for another 12-15 minutes more until the kale begins to firm up.
- Cool the kale on the sheet for 3 minutes before digging in! This really makes all the difference! Enjoy immediately as they lose their crispiness with time.
- Repeat this process for the other half of the bunch.
Roasted Chickpeas (Kind of reminds me of eating popcorn!)
2 15-ounce cans chickpeas
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon salt
2 to 4 teaspoons spices or finely chopped fresh herbs, like chili powder, curry powder, garam masala, cumin, smoked paprika, rosemary, thyme, or other favorite spices and herbs
- Heat the oven to 400°F: Place an oven rack in the middle of the oven.
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas: Open the cans of chickpeas and pour the chickpeas into a strainer in the sink. Rinse thoroughly under running water.
- Dry the chickpeas: Pat the chickpeas very dry with a clean dishtowel or paper towels. They should look matte and feel dry to the touch; if you have time, leave them to air-dry for a few minutes. Remove any chickpea skins that come off while drying, but otherwise don’t worry about them.
- Toss the chickpeas with olive oil and salt: Spread the chickpeas out in an even layer on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Stir with your hands or a spatula to make sure the chickpeas are evenly coated.
- Roast the chickpeas in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes: Stir the chickpeas or shake the pan every 10 minutes. A few chickpeas may pop – that’s normal. The chickpeas are done when golden and slightly darkened, dry and crispy on the outside, and soft in the middle.
- Toss the chickpeas with the spices: Sprinkle the spices over the chickpeas and stir to coat evenly. Serve while the chickpeas are still warm and crispy. They will gradually lose their crispiness as they cool, becoming addictively chewy.
Frozen bananas covered in dark chocolate (sprinkle with goodies)
- 2 ripe but firm bananas
- 6 ounces dark chocolate, chopped, or semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granola, chopped pecans and walnuts, or sprinkles (optional)
1. Line a baking sheet with nonstick foil or parchment paper.
2. Cut the bananas in half and insert a Popsicle stick into each half, as shown. Place them on the baking sheet and freeze for 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate with the oil in a Pyrex measuring cup in the microwave (check it every 30 seconds) or in a half-full pan of simmering water (about 2 minutes). Stir until smooth.
4. Roll each banana half in the chocolate, then quickly sprinkle with your topping (if using).
5. Freeze until the chocolate sets, 30 minutes. Serve or freeze in an airtight container for up to a week.
Apple Sandwiches with almond butter and chocolate chips
- 2 small apples, cored and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch thick rounds
- 3 tablespoons peanut or almond butter
- 2 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons granola
- Spread one side of half of the apple slices with peanut or almond butter
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and granola (optional)
- Top with remaining apple slices, pressing down gently to make the sandwiches
- Transfer to napkins or plates and serve.
Comment your favorite healthy and delish snack ideas/recipes below!