Icons of European Taste: Two Easy & Delicious Appetizer Recipes
This post is developed in paid partnership with Icons of European Taste
The producers of @parmaham_usa, @granapadanopdo and @sandanieledop from Italy have come together to be part of a campaign in partnership with the European Union to celebrate legendary quality, tradition and taste of these world-renowned products. While holidays are looking a bit different this year, that doesn’t mean that we can’t elevate our at-home dining experiences with delicious food! This is why I have incorporated Icons of European Taste products into TWO new delicious, easy and quick recipes; Grilled Peach, Prosciutto di San Daniele and Grana Padano cheese Bruschetta and Prosciutto di Parma & Grana Padano cheese Puff Pastries with Fig Jam! Personally, I love cooking with these PDO products, since they are high quality and authentic ingredients that can be found among Canadian retailers. Check out the recipes below! #IconsOfEuropeanTaste
Grilled Peach, Prosciutto di San Daniele and Grana Padano Cheese Bruschetta
10 slices Prosciutto di San Daniele
1/2 cup Grana Padano Cheese, grated
1/2 Italian Baguette, sliced
1 tbsp EVOO
1 handful arugula
1-2 peaches, sliced
1 tbsp Balsamic Glaze
1/4 cup brown sugar
salt + pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice baguette and place on baking sheet. Brush baguette with olive oil and bake for 10-12 minutes. Slice peach and coat each side of the peach in brown sugar. Heat medium size sauce pan over medium-heat heat and add peaches. Let peaches sit for 6-7 minutes until they are browned and soft. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. Remove baguette from oven and plate once cooled. Add 1 slice of Prosciutto di San Daniele to each baguette and top with 1-2 slices of grilled peaches, arugula and freshly grated Grana Padano cheese. Garnish with salt + pepper and balsamic glaze.
3. Serve and enjoy!
Prosciutto di Parma & Grana Padano Cheese Puff Pastries with Fig Jam
10 slices Prosciutto di Parma
1/2 cup Grana Padano cheese, grated
1 crescent roll dough
1/2 cup fig jam
1 egg, beaten
3-5 basil leaves, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add crescent roll dough to baking sheet and roll out the dough. Pinch dough together in any open areas. Using a pizza cutter, slice dough into 10 squares and separate from one another.
2. Add 1 tsp of fig jam to the center of each square followed by one slice of San Daniele Prosciutto and grated Grana Padano cheese. Take one corner of the square and fold into the middle. Take the diagonal corner and pinch with the corner you just folded. Repeat until each pastry is done. Beat 1 egg and brush egg over corners and on top of the dough.
3. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until pastries are browned. Remove from oven. Garnish with black pepper and finely chopped basil. Serve and enjoy!