DISCLAIMER: This post was developed in sponsored partnership with Blue Diamond Almond Breeze.
Confession I just got back from The Food Network’s: South Beach Wine & Food Festival and I am still full! However, I am so happy that I found Almond Breeze at the GOYA Tasting Tent, where I got to discover delicious recipes from their Homegrown Goodness Tour!
One of the amazing things that I found out while experiencing the Homegrown Goodness Tour at SOBEWFF was that, YOU CAN SWAP 1 CUP OF TRADITIONAL MILK FOR 1 CUP OF ALMOND BREEZE IN ALL OF YOUR COOKING! Seriously, can someone say mind blown! Check out the Coconut Key Lime Cheesecake Cup & Cuban Plantain Nachos Recipes developed by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze below!
Cuban Plantain Nachos With Almond Breeze
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1/3 cup cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/3 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 cup Blue Diamond Unsweetened Original Almond Breeze
2 tablespoons finely chopped pickled jalapeno peppers plus
1 tablespoon juice from jar, or to taste
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 1/4 teaspoons Tajin Clasico Seasoning, divided
1/2 cup refried black beans
1 (6-oz.) bag roasted plantain chips
Fresh pico de gallo
1. Toss cheeses with cornstarch in a medium bowl.
3. Reduce heat to low and add cheese a small handful at a time whisking constantly. Cook over low
heat for 1 minute more, whisking until smooth.
4. Microwave black beans and remaining 1/4 teaspoon Tajin Seasoning in a small bowl for 30
seconds or until hot, adding a little Breeze to thin if necessary.
5.Place half the plantain chips into four 1 1/2 cup bowls or plates. Spoon half the
beans over the chips, then top with half the cheese sauce. Repeat layers
and top with pico de gallo. Makes 4 servings.
Note: Sauce may be prepared several days ahead stored tightly covered
in the refrigerator. Thin with additional Breeze as needed.
Coconut Key Lime Cheesecakes Cups
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 2 minutes
Chill time: several hours
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 cup Blue Diamond Unsweetened Almond Coconut Breeze
1/4 cup key lime juice
2 (8-oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Finely grated zest of 1 lime
1 cup coarsely crumbled prepared graham cracker crust
1/4 cup sliced honey roasted almonds
1/4 cup toasted coconut chips
1. Stir together sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan.
2. Add Almond Breeze and whisk until dissolved. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes or until mixture is thickened, whisking constantly.
3. Remove from heat, then whisk in lime juice and let cool slightly.
4. Beat cream cheese and vanilla together in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Slowly beat in Breeze mixture until well incorporated and smooth.
5. Stir in lime zest, then cover and chill for several hours or until firm.
6. Spoon or pipe half the mixture into 8 small dessert cups. Sprinkle with half the graham cracker
crust, almonds and coconut.
Repeat layers. Makes 8 servings.
Disclaimer: This recipe was developed in paid partnership with Blue Diamond Almond Breeze, however, all opinions are genuine.